Sunday, July 16, 2006

Freddy Flute...

Freddy was the one character that was burned into my brain as a child. There was a creepy-ish quality he had that I just couldn’t shake - probably why I've waited so long to give his design a try - I wasn't quite sure how to handle it.

On one hand the creepy factor is the main reason I loved this character and on the other there's a reason Pufnstuf only ran one season. Do I go with what I remember or try to re-envision something that may be more appealing to the masses?
I feel this take has tons of potential - but is it Freddy?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Kevin Mayle said...

I'm really loving your stuff. I wish they would come out with some new merchandise. Your style is really cool and I'm glad to see another artist inspired by the Kroffts. I've been posting a lot of my own Krofft art on my blog. One today and then a slew of them as you scroll down the page. http://kevin-mayle.livejournal.com/

3:38 PM  
Blogger paublo said...

love it dude!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Chris Battle said...

That totally works-- the old design was always a little creepy, anyways. Just keep the voice the same and he's Freddy, alright!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give Freddy "Shannon Doherty" eyes.
One eye high, one eye low.
Don't align the eyes with the line
at the top of the mouth.
Make the eyes rounder, not so
eliptical, for a friendlier
look.
Move the holes up from the bottom
of the flute just a touch.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get rid of the teeth.Teeth on a
flute are CREEPY.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Freddy the Magical Penny Whistle?

2:43 PM  
Blogger Todd Kauffman said...

i prefer to think of him as a fipple flute. just thought it was weird to blow into his face.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Ryan said...

Of coruse it is Freddy! I like how you designed him! He looks great!

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home