Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Shady Characters...


Here's one of the pieces I'm putting in for the SHADY CHARACTERS show that my buddyJared Deal is putting on at the Live With Animals gallery in NYC at the end of July.
Because most of my color work is created digitally, I've included the original ruff and the clean without color to go along side the finished art.
below originated at cartoon brew

"Shady Characters" is an art show that opens Friday, July 28th, at the 'Live with Animals' Gallery (210 Kent Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11211; entrance to the gallery on Metropolitan). Opening reception is from 6-9pm. The show, curated by Jared Deal, is "simply a tribute to all of the creepers and tweakers, outcasts and outlaws, and freaks and geeks, we encounter daily." Participating artists include Deanna Marsigliese, Clio Chiang, Steve Lambe, Gabe Swarr, Rex Hackelberg, Anna Chambers, Mark Ackland, Todd Kauffman, Joel Trussell, Bobby Chiu, Martin Wittig, Aaron Augenblick, Phil Rynda, Peter Browngardt, Danny Kimanyen, Randy Ramos, Garnet Syberg-Olsen, Jamie Mason, Chris George, Eric Nocella, Dino Alberto, Jason Levesque, Tim Shankweiler, Eric Brown, Mark Pecoraro, Pat Pakula, Kevin Schmid, Kaori Hamura, Richard Mather, Rod Filbrandt, and Deal himself. Stay tuned to Jared's blog for additional details.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jazzy Justin said...

WOW!!! This character design is incredible! I can't wait to see it in the show. Also, thanks for the compliment on my blog...it means a LOT coming from you. I am happy to say that I got a couple pieces in the show, too! I'm so pysched to be allowed to exhibit my work with such seasoned talent! Are you going to the opening? Again, thanks for the good wishes.

8:18 AM  
Blogger SteveLambe said...

Wow! If that doesn't picked up at the show, lemme know Todd. I wanna buy it.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home