Friday, February 05, 2010

Is This Real???


I've been asked many, many, many, many times - Is this for real? Like for real, real?

The simple answer is...no. This is not my property.

Although I've received many emails and phone calls from interested parties - most recently someone representing the Krofft's themselves, I have never 'officially' pitched the idea to the Krofft's or a network.

Maybe things will change in the future. Maybe Marty Krofft will call me up one day wanting to take this to the next level. Maybe some huge network wants to throw a huge wad of cash at me to produce it. Maybe, maybe, maybe....on and on.

Until that time, this will remain a labour of love. But I thank those of you who like what I'm doing and want to see this become real..like real, real.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Orange said...

It's really interesting to see Jimmy's construction here, I've been trying to mimic the Flash/UPA graphic style with little success, so its cool to see what kind of construction goes into one of these designs.

I guess whats most important is to try and balance ease of animation with graphic appeal correct? Use simplified shapes and forms and don't get bogged down into adding too many details that interfere with the outside contour (or silhouette) of the character.


In any case, I hope this project does go somewhere in the future. I think it'd be a great opportunity for the Krofft's to reimagine one of their classic shows for a new generation.

And if anything, I'd just love to be able to watch WitchiePoo cause herself grief.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous crazyninny said...

I didn't know what H.R. Pufnstuf was until I stubbled over here one day (was born about 20 years after the show) I've grown to really apperciate and love the story as everyone else who follow this blog does.

Even though this isn't 'official' or 'real', I have had some fun times just watching you and your team work on this project.
So please, even if this isn't real, keep on at it! I'm very excited to see what it'll look like once it's all done.

But if this ever does become 'real', I'll be the first one in line to watch the series. =)

6:21 PM  
Anonymous gil baker said...

I hope somebody gives you a tumble on this, not only for Puff's sake, but because this is an incredible and fresh take. Best of luck~

8:21 PM  
Blogger Mukpuddy said...

Love that your posting stuff here again dude!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Dhevil said...

Hello, Todd.

I came across this blog yesterday and I have to say I love what I see so far, and hope it does become big in the future.

I have never heard of H.R. Pufnstuf because I was born in 1995 until two months ago when my dad introduced it to me after he said my mom looked like Witchiepoo.

After being shown the old show and learning more about it, I have really grown to love the big friendly dragon.

I hope to see more to this blog sometime, I am already liking what you have already. :3

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home